Tuesday Brooks is a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist specializing in Cancer Nutrition. She shares with us her “Top 4 Nutrition Tips for People with Cancer.”
Tuesday’s Top 4 Nutrition Tips for People with Cancer:
- Eat more fruits and vegetables. Aim for 5 servings a day. You can increase your servings by making a smoothie, a hardy salad, eating pre-sliced fruits or vegetables as a snack (like an apple or carrot sticks).
- Stay hydrated. Make sure to drink at least 64oz of fluid every day. Tea and coffee count! Get additional hydration from foods like melons, grapes, or jello!
- Center your meals around protein. Cancer and cancer treatment require more protein, so make sure to eat protein at all your meals and snacks. Some ideas: meats, dairy, soy products (tofu, edamame), eggs.
- Eat calorically dense foods. If you are undergoing treatment and your appetite is poor or you are losing weight, this is a sign you aren’t eating enough. Eating healthy fats is an easy way to increase calories without feeling fuller. Add extra oil and butter when you are cooking, opt for full fat dairy, & add avocado, nuts, and/or nut butter to you meals or snacks.
Get connected with Tuesday:
- Website: tuesdayhoelscher.com
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Instagram: instagram.com/the.cancernutritionist
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1018364535
- Free Private Facebook Community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/cancernutrition