ENDURE THE DIRT: 5K CANCER MUD RUN
Personal Pep Rally is excited to plan the 4th Endure the Dirt 5K Adventure Run for cancer!
ENDURE THE DIRT is a 5K mud run in the fields surrounding Mack’s Prairie Wings in Stuttgart, Arkansas. The run consists of 14 obstacles that will test your endurance. The purpose of ENDURE THE DIRT is for participants to feel somewhat like a cancer patient and endure a small piece of what they face every day during their battle.
2021 ENDURE THE DIRT will look a little different because of COVID-19. Our highest priority is to keep participants, volunteers, and staff safe. Our guidelines have been developed to ensure that we are meeting government requirements. We have made modifications to the race to ensure the safety and wellbeing of everyone attending.
Even though our lives slowed down due to COVID-19, cancer did not. We have added an average of 3 patients a week during 2020.
All money raised is used to fund our many projects that bring JOY to cancer patients and their families.
Do not participate if:
– You are feeling sick or ill
– Have a fever or experiencing flu-like symptoms
– Have been in close contact with someone who has COVID -19
– Individuals from high-risk groups should consult their physician before participating
– Defer to the virtual race if you are experiencing any symptoms
– If you live with someone over 60, someone who is immunocompromised, or someone with an underlying condition, we encourage you not to participate
– Contactless temperature checks will be conducted for EVERYONE entering the event space. A person with a body temperature reading of 100 degrees Fahrenheit (37.7 degrees Celsius) or above will not be permitted to enter
– Each participant will be required to complete a declaration when checking in at the event that they are not currently infected by COVID 19 and have not had or knowingly been in contact with someone experiencing any of the following COVID 19 symptoms in the past 14 days:
• Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
• Muscle Pain
• Sore throat
• New loss of taste or smell
– Volunteers will follow directions to the volunteer screening zone to have their temperature taken and answer the screening questions. Volunteers with a temperature reading of 100 degrees Fahrenheit (37.7 degrees Celsius) will not be permitted to enter and will be sent to a secondary screening area
Cleaning & Sanitation
– Cleaning and sanitization of touchpoints throughout the area, including check-in areas, toilets, medal collection, first aid station, and obstacles
– Hand sanitizer will be available for use throughout the event. These areas will be checked and refreshed by staff
– The use of sealed, bottled water at first aid stations instead of cups and spigots
Personal Protective Equipment
– All staff and volunteers will wear face coverings at all times
– Face mask and gloves will be provided for all participants
– To ensure social distancing, each participant will be given a specific time for arrival and departure. This is to ensure the number of people gathering does not exceed COVID-19 guidelines
– Heat sizes will be reduced, and the course will be widened from previous years.
– Designated waiting spots will be provided at areas where racers tend to congregate, screening points and obstacles
– Distance markers will be used to ensure safe distancing
Adjustments to Event
– No on-site registration the day of. Registration is open for pre-registration only
– No change or washing area (the Stuttgart Fire – Department will be at the finish line to hose off participants)
– No spectators will be permitted
– No awards ceremony will be held to prevent gathering and ensure social distancing measures
– Food and beverage items will be pre-packed, and these areas will not have seating. Distancing guides will be placed for people waiting in line
If ENDURE THE DIRT 2021 is canceled due to COVID-19, participants will be mailed their packets that will include their race shirt and medal.
As guidelines and protocols are updated or revised, participants will be notified by the registration email. Updates will be added to Instagram and Facebook.
This information in this document is subject to change at Endure the Dirt discretion.
Become A sponsor
Endure The Dirt is a 5k mud run for the beginner to the elite athletes that consist of obstacles that are engineered to test individual’s strength and tackle their fears. Located on the 3-mile run will be obstacles that participants will climb over, crawl under, and charge through.
DOWN & DIRTY
Cancer Course Signs
You have the opportunity to purchase a sign that will be placed in the cancer course in the Endure The Dirt 5k mud run. You may name it in memory or in honor of someone who has battled cancer or is battling cancer. 24×48 and 18×24 signs are available. (One patient per sign.) *If you purchased a sign for the 2020 race and did not pick it up they will also be put on the course.
24 x 48 Cancer Course Sign: $50
18 x 24 Cancer Course Sign: $24
Do you want to purchase a flat of crawfish to enjoy at Endure The Dirt? Click below to purchase one for $25!